You may have landed on this tutorial because you are seeing a pin icon you aren’t familiar with or you were doing a little self-search help and came across this forum. Well, you’re in luck because below we’ve provided information on what to know about our units on mobile.
What are units? Well, units are what helps Spotio identify what addresses are a business, multi-unit home, condo’s, flats, town-homes, duplexes, etc..easily from the map. There are a few things that will be beneficial for you to know before you get started.
- Single “home” PIN - this will be the pin you are most familiar with identifies one unit address.
- Building PIN - this pin displays as a building pin that identifies multi-unit properties like businesses, multi-unit family homes i.e. condo’s, flats, apartment complexes, town-homes, etc..
To add the unit number you will have to tap on the desired property. Thereafter you will be prompt to your pin details where you can add in all applicable data. To add the unit it is EXTREMELY important to note that you have tap the address to be enable you to edit the address that’ll allow you to add in the unit (and/or fix the address if necessary). To save the updated address correctly, make sure you add the unit number prior to saving the pin.
There are two ways you can get a unit pin:
- New PIN: To add a unit number to a new pin you will tap on property > tap into address provided > add the unit number in the “Unit” field shown > select the back arrow to view all other pin details > tap save
- Existing PIN:
- Since the main address is the same but you’ve now added a unit number, the Building PIN will generate and the unit you just saved will display as a unit option when you tap on the building pin
- Once you’ve tap on the building pin
- Since the main address is the same and all you did was add a unit to the property you will see it as a unit option
- To add a unit number to an existing pin that is not tied to a unit yet you will tap on the property (not the pin) > add data in pin per usual > tap into address provided > add the unit number in the “Unit” field shown > select the back arrow to view all other pin details > tap save to update pin.
- To add a unit number to an existing unit pin you will tap on the unit pin then select the plus “+” sign - Once you have done this, you can then add data to pin per usual. When you are ready to add the unit number - tap into address provided which will prompt the address and enable it to be edited > add the unit number in the “Unit” field shown > select the back arrow to view all other pin details > tap save to update pin.
Good to knows...
You can search by units two ways *insert dancing girl emoji here*
- From within a multi. unit pin - this is done by tapping the building pin and tapping into the “Search Units” search bar.
- Note: the search will only display what is saved to Spotio as a pin, if you attempt to search units not yet added no results will display
- From the List view - this can be done by typing in the address or just the unit number and Spotio will generate the most related results to the top of the list