SPOTIO’s Flexible Objects allow you to customize your data objects, including their Names, Fields, and Stages. This can help you make your SPOTIO account more closely match your sales process, standardize verbiage across your tech stack to promote ease of integration, and provides many possibilities for data organization and tracking. This article details how to create and customize data objects.
The Workflow section of Settings allows you to create and customize multiple objects, as well as define relationships between them, and determine a default object type when records are created.
To open the Workflow page, you will need to log in to the SPOTIO Web application as an Account Admin user. Click the Settings gear at the bottom of the page, and choose Workflow from the options at the top.
Configure an existing object:
- Navigate to Settings and click “Workflow” from the options at the top of the screen
- Click the Gear Icon on an object to edit the object's Fields and Stages, this will open the object editor
On this page, you can configure the active fields for your Data Object. You can use existing fields or create Custom Fields by dragging the tile labeled "Custom" to the list on the left of the screen.
The fields labeled "Used For Name" will be used for the displayed name of the record when it is viewed on the Map or in the List. For example, a company that sells primarily to Homeowners will use the First and Last Name of the Homeowner. For B2B sales teams, the name of the Company you are selling to is also a popular choice.
The field labeled "Used for Location and Mapping Tools" is used for an Address field. An address field is required to display a record on the Map or make it possible to add a record to a Route. This also determines if Visit activities logged on the record can be verified by location.
All other fields in this area are details that you would like included in this type of record such as Email, Phone, and any Custom Fields. We will cover how to configure custom fields below.
Create a new object:
On the Workflow page, Click “Create New” to create a new custom Data Object.
When you Create a New Object, you can name your Object, and decide if it will be a parent or a child of an existing object.
Use the “Allow Autoplays” toggle to define if an object can be enrolled into an Autoplay. NOTE: Multiple objects can be enabled for Autoplays at once.
Use the “Enable in Lead Machine” toggle to define if the object will be able to be added as a record from Lead Machine. NOTE: Only ONE object can be enabled for Lead Machine at a time.a
Editing Data Objects:
You can edit the name, parent/child relationship, and allow Autoplays and Lead Machine for any Data Object by clicking the “Configure” Icon next to the object name at the top of the screen.
Stages are used to track conversion and progress through predefined steps of a sales cycle. A streamlined Sales Pipeline, utilizing Custom Fields & Activities, Visit Results, and Loss Reasons can exponentially increase a Rep’s success as they go about their day. Stages are the mile markers to a Rep’s success. They tell you how close a Record is to being won.
Types of Stages
Stages are broken down into 3 basic types - Active Records, Won Records, and Lost Records
- Active Records Stages - Records in these stages are still "active" in the Sales Cycle, they have not yet been "Won" or "Lost".
- Won Records Stages - Records that have reached the end of your Sales Cycle achieving your ultimate goal. Records moved into the “Won Records Stages” will show as Won Records on Dashboards when the lead is moved into the first “Won” Stage. Depending on your sales motion and org structure, you may want different milestones tracked as a “Win” such as an Appointment Set for a team of Field Marketers, or a Contract Signed for a Full-Cycle team. Bear this in mind when configuring your Won Records Stages.
- Lost Records Stages - Records that are Closed - Lost. Lost Records Stages help your reps to focus on the records closest to closing by removing records that aren’t from your Active Pipeline. They are also useful for objection coaching by allowing sales leadership to see what objections their reps most commonly come up against.
1. Click the Gear icon on the Data Object you would like to configure for Stages
2. Click “Stages” near the top of the screen to open the Stage Editor.
3. Toggle on the Record Stage Types you would like to have present in your Pipeline - Active, Won, Lost by clicking the Toggle in the appropriate Stage Type column.
Drag the “Add Stage” tile into the column you would like to create a Stage for. Name and choose a color for your Stage, and click “Create”.
To Configure Fields for your Data Object, click on the gear icon on the object you would like to configure from the Workflow main page.
Drag your desired fields from the right of the page to their corresponding location on the Left under “Active Fields”.
To remove a field from your object, simply click and drag it back to the right side of the page.
The fields will appear in the record in the order that they appear under “Active Fields”. To change the order, drag and drop fields to the desired order.
Creating Custom Fields
To create a Custom Field, Drag the tile labeled “Custom” into the Active Fields section of your data object.
This will open the Custom Field Editor window on the right side of the screen.
Here you can name your custom field, choose an input type for the field, and define which Stages in your pipeline will require this field to be filled in order to move a record into that Stage. You can require fields to be completed for a particular Stage or multiple Stages in your Workflow.
Custom Field Types
There are multiple input types for Custom Fields that determine how they function. Here are the available types of inputs for Custom Fields in SPOTIO:
- Text - A blank text field
- Email - An Email address field
- SingleChoice - A picklist field that allows a single option to be selected
- MultiChoice - A picklist field that allows multiple options to be selected
- Date - A date slider that allows you to select MM/DD/YYYY
- DateTime - A Date/Time Slider that allows you to select MM/DD/YYYY AND Time 00:00 AM/PM
- Number - a field that allows you to input a number value
- Address - an address field
- Multi-Line - a blank text field with a higher character limit
Configuring Single Choice and Multi Choice Fields
If you choose a SingleChoice or MultiChoice field, you will need to define which options will be available in your pick list under “Choice Options”
How to Configure Choice Options
- Name your Field and select the input type.
- Type an option title in the blank field under “Choice Options” and hit the + icon. This will add the option to your field and open another blank field under it to add another option. NOTE: YOU MUST CLICK THE + ICON TO ADD THE OPTION TO YOUR FIELD PRIOR TO SAVING.
- Once you have entered all of the options you would like, click “Save” in the bottom right corner.
Additional Options for Custom Fields
Read OnlyThis option is available on all Custom Fields. It will prevent users from modifying the values in this field. and can be used with integrations to other applications for values that users need to reference in SPOTIO without allowing them to edit the value present.
Show in Activity Feed
- This will allow you to see the historical selection of values in this field in the Activity Feed. This option is only available on SingleChoice fields.
Use as FilterThis will allow you to use the value selected in this field as a filter in the Map and List views. This option is only available on SingleChoice and MultiChoice fields.
Lead Machine Fields
If you have enabled Lead Machine for your company, you can drag and drop any field to display that data point in the Record.
For example, if you would like your team to see the Home Market Value of Records added from Lead Machine, you can drag the Home Market Value tile into the Active Fields section.
This also allows you to colorize pins by the selected field.