The Autoplay feature in Spotio is the hub of the field sales engagement platform. It gives sales teams the tools they need to maximize sales rep productivity and improve overall activity management.
An Autoplay is a series of sales activity steps that are set up to help the Sales Rep always know what their next best action is for any given Lead. Once a Lead is enrolled in an Autoplay, an automatic process is initiated, and the Sales Rep can see which of those steps they are set to tackle before they even start their day. This takes the guesswork out of selling and helps Sales Teams focus on what they do best, generating revenue.
How it works...
How it helps...
Autoplays enables field sales teams to establish a series of Autoplay “Steps” that give sales teams the clearest guidance for how to approach their daily and weekly activities.
Spotio users can build steps using Common Activities (i.e., Text, Call, Email) and Custom Activities that are built by the customer in their web app settings. Currently, customers can create intervals for the time allotments between steps.
Once the Autoplay is built, contacts that are within a Lead can be enrolled in the Autoplay. From that point on, the sales rep then follows the prescribed steps defined by the Autoplay. Note: You can enroll a contact in multiple Autoplays, but be sure the messaging and the timing aren’t conflicting with each other.
Autoplays ensure that no opportunity ever falls through the cracks or is forgotten/overlooked by sales teams. Successful sales teams are focused on consistent activity management, and they will build ironclad processes to ensure that every revenue opportunity is captured and maximized. Spotio Autoplays provides the perfect set of tools to ensure that your team is matching its processes with the best technology to achieve these revenue goals.
Along with this, Sales Leaders can now be assured that they have the most complete, up to date data available when making decisions about what their teams next best step is to drive more sales activity and consequently more revenue.
How Does it Work?
Before working with Autoplays, it is important to set up Autoplay permissions for Managers and Sales Reps, and to configure your Company’s Autoplay settings.
Set Up Autoplay Permissions
- Admins can create Autoplays
- Admins can edit Autoplays they have created, as well as those created by Managers and Sales Reps
- Managers can add contacts to Autoplays that have been shared with them
- Sales Reps can add contacts to Autoplays that have been shared with them
To configure additional permissions for Managers and Sales Reps:
- Click the Settings gear
- Go to Company Settings and select SECURITY & PERMISSIONS
- Select permissions for Sales Reps
- Allow Sales Reps to create and edit their Autoplays
- Select permissions for Managers
- Allow Managers to create and edit their Autoplays
- Allow Managers to edit Autoplays owned by Reps
- Select SAVE
Note: Autoplays can only be edited prior to adding contacts.
Configure Company Autoplay Settings
To ensure Autoplay steps occur at optimal times, Admins can configure the times between which Autoplay activities can be scheduled.
- Click the Settings gear
- Go to Company Settings and select AUTOPLAYS
- Select the daily start time after which Autoplay activities can be scheduled
- Select the daily end time before which Autoplay activities can be scheduled
- Click SAVE
Note: Times reflect the sender’s time zone, NOT the time zone of the recipient.
To create a new Autoplay, begin by clicking the Autoplay icon under the left-hand navigation. When the Autoplays page opens, click CREATE NEW.
There are three steps to creating an Autoplay:
- Configure the Autoplay Settings
- Add the Autoplay steps
- Enroll Contacts in the Autoplay
Step 1: Settings for a Single Autoplay
- Name the Autoplay: Give the Autoplay a name that reflects its purpose and makes it easy to distinguish from other Autoplays.
- Ex: New Prospect Play
Please note that no two Autoplays may share the same name.
- Give the Autoplay a Description: This optional step is useful for helping the Sales team understand the purpose of the Autoplay and under which circumstances it should be used.
- Set the Timing for the Autoplay Steps
- STEPS BY Interval allows the Autoplay creator to configure the time interval between each step. For example, if your first step is a call and you want a reminder to follow up the text with an email 48 hours later, you can create the second step with a 2-day interval.
- Optionally, you can also limit Autoplay steps to occur only on business days.
- Select Permissions for this Autoplay
- Keep Private: Prevents the Autoplay from being viewed or used by anyone other than the Sales Admin role.
- Others can view and clone it: Prevents others from adding contacts to the Autoplay but does allow others to view or clone the Autoplay if desired.
- Others can use and clone it: Allows others the ability to add contacts to the Autoplay and clone the Autoplay if desired.
- Click SAVE & CONTINUE
Note: Once the Autoplay Settings have been saved, the Autoplay is created and saved. From this point you can continue in the Create Autoplay workflow or return later to add steps and enroll contacts.
Step 2: Create Steps for the Autoplay
The next step in creating an Autoplay is to add all of the steps in sequential order. For example, you might begin the Autoplay with an introductory email, followed by a step to schedule a visit or video call. You may choose to include additional steps for closing the sale and a final step for thanking the customer for their business.
- Click ADD AUTOPLAY STEP
- Select the Activity Type for Step 1
- This step allows you to add attachments to any message you would send a prospective customer
- For all three of these steps, the Sales Rep is given a prompt to send the Lead Contact an email, text or a call as part of the sales process.
- AUTO EMAIL: An email is automatically sent to the contact at the specified day and time.
- AUTO TEXT: A text is automatically sent to the contact at the specified day and time.
- OTHER ACTIVITY: Select from a list of the company’s Custom Activities
Please note that Multichannel Communications is required for access to the Auto Text activity type. A Sales Rep can integrate their email and use it with Autoplays independently of the other Multichannel Communication text capability.
- INTERVAL- Select the Days, Hours, And Minutes between enrolling the contact and when Step 1 will be triggered. This allows you to customize the frequency of the message.
- Schedule REMINDER
- Optional DESCRIPTION
- Click CONTINUE
- Configure the content for the chosen Activity Type.
- Allow sales reps to send proven and refined customer-facing communications.
- Deploying messaging specific to the customer’s stage, account type or activity.
- Using templates for common outbound communications rather than having to craft new verbiage each time.
- Example: If the Activity Type for the step is an Auto Email, the email subject and content are required.
- The Multichannel Communication Templates are perfect tools to use during the creation of these steps. Autoplay templates can reduce redundancy and increase sales productivity in several ways:
- Email and Text Templates enables sales teams to send personalized messaging to a customer based on their persona or the state in the sales process. All you have to do is go to the Templates section in the web app and set up as many templates as you need to effectively communicate with your contacts.
- Lead contact info (Lead First Name, Lead Last name) are customizable in the message body.
- Templates can be created by Account Administrators as well as any user (depending on the initial permission setup).
- For more detailed information on how to use MCC templates, click this link: MCC Templates
- After entering the required step details, click SAVE STEP
- Click ADD AUTOPLAY STEP to add another step
- Reorder steps in an Autoplay
- Using the up and down arrows to the right of the Autoplay step, you can adjust the order of an existing Autoplay. Remember, once you have added Contacts to an Autoplay you can no longer reorder the steps. You can clone the Autoplay, and with the new Cloned Autoplay that has no contacts in it the steps can be reordered.
- Send Preview
- To test the layout and content of your message, you can click Send Preview. The MCC system will send a sample email or text to the users Spotio integrated email address or to their cell number to give them assurance that the message their customers will see if accurate.
- When you are done adding steps to the Autoplay, click CONTINUE
Step 3: Enroll Contacts
- Use the Search for Contacts feature to search for specific leads or contacts.
- You may also view additional contacts by clicking LOAD MORE.
- Select the contacts you wish to enroll in the Autoplay
- Note: Using the standard filters in the Spotio web app, you can filter out contacts that may not pertain to the Autoplay you’ve built.
- For example, you can filter out Won leads from the Autoplay because you may be intending to only communicate with current Leads and not customers you’ve already sold.
- Click ENROLL SELECTED CONTACTS
- When enrolling contacts into an Autoplay, you are still able to enroll them with partial contact info.
Here is the enrollment screen in the mobile app:
- If the Autoplay progresses to an automatic step (i.e., Auto email or Auto text) and the contact’s info is missing, the sales reps will receive a message in the Notification Feed and also in the Lead Screen: Autoplay details view.
- When you have finished enrolling contacts, click VIEW AUTOPLAY to return to the page where you can view and manage the Analytics, Contacts and Settings for the new Autoplay.
Step 4: Pause, Clone or Archive an Autoplay
- Because you can’t edit an Autoplay once a Contact has been added to it, we’ve built the capability to Clone it and then edit it.
- Whenever you Archives an Autoplay all of the contacts are removed from this Autoplay and they don’t receive any future notifications.
Step 5: Using the Analytics
- High level benefits include:
- Create benchmarks for the right frequency, cadence and messaging require to maximize sales performance
- Identify opportunities for testing, improving and refining active Autoplays before scaling across larger sales organizations
- Gather insights into how Autoplays are performing by rep, customer profile, etc and replicate across the sales organization
- Available statistics
- # of Active Autoplays -
- # of Contacts Enrolled
- % of Contacts Enrolled
- # of Activities complete
- # of Emails Sent, Opened, Bounced, Failed, Pending and Clicked
- Top Performing Autoplays (based on MCC open rate)
- Autoplay Comparative Performance graph is the component that helps a team test and measure the success of a particular template.
- Time Series Graph showing all activities
- Filtered by Autoplay activity type
- Includes both standard and custom types
- Summary communication statistics by type (only for MCC customers)
- Snapshot graph to display quantity of all Custom Activities
HOME SCREEN & the NOTIFICATIONS FEED
Now that you have built the Autoplays and begun enrolling contacts into the Autoplays, how do Sales Reps maintain awareness of impending steps for any given contact/Autoplay?
- Home Screen - each Sales Rep has their Home Screen with all scheduled activity for that day. It can be filtered for types of Activities to provide even great focus for the type of work to be done that day.
- Notifications feed - in the Home Screen is a real-time notification feed that shows all inbound calls, texts and emails. It also shows if there are any Autoplay issues that need to be solved (i.e., missing contact info on a pending Autoplay action)
Here is the mobile view of the same screens:
In Company Settings Admins have the ability to control whether Reps can create and edit their Autoplays. Also, options exist to allow manager to create and edit their own Autoplays as well as the Autoplays owned by Sales Reps (see screenshot).
Note: Spotio Autoplays is available for Pro Edition customers only.
- How do Autoplays benefit a field sales rep?
- Automates multichannel communication follow ups so nothing slips through the cracks
- Allows reps to keep a clear mind, executing only the sales activities outlined for them in a given day.
- Drives deep customer engagement by staying on top of communication activities
Please sign in to leave a comment.