SPOTIO’s email signature allows you to create and customize your own unique email signature, which can then be dynamically inserted into a specific autoplay and email templates. Autoplay and email templates can be shared with reps allowing them to plug in their own signature into the template being used.
- Helps reps save time by automatically inserting your unique/custom email signature into email templates
- Improves consistency of email communication for all users in SPOTIO by giving users an easy way to share and use the best email templates
- Generates more follow ups with records in SPOTIO by providing a scalable personal touch to all email communication
Enabling and Creating a Custom Email Signature
To enable your email signature:
- On the web app, click on the Profile in the top right corner.
- Select Profile Settings.
- Choose Email Signature.
- Toggle on Enable Email Signature.
By default, each email signature consists of the following variables:
- Sender - The name of the active user sending the email.
- Sender email - The user’s email address of their SPOTIO account.
- Cell - The mobile phone number the active user logs in to SPOTIO with.
- Company logo photo - The photo added to the business’s SPOTIO account.
You do have the option to add in the Business Card variable, which would link to your SPOTIO Digital Business Card.
To customize your email signature, modify the data in the text box. You are able to edit the layout of variables, adjust the font and text, include hyperlinks, insert emojis, and more. Be sure to hit the Save button when complete.
Pro Tip: Select Send Preview at the bottom of the setup menu to email yourself a preview of your email signature.
Configuring an Email Template to include Signature
Once you have enabled your custom email signature, you can insert your signature to be automatically added to templates. You can choose to add the email signature variable to new or already existing templates.
To add an email signature to a template:
- On the web, click on Templates on the left gray sidebar.
- Select to create a new template or choose an existing template.
- Click on Insert Variable.
- Choose Insert on email signature.
- Hit Save Template.
By adding the email signature variable field in a template, any user that uses the template will automatically have their custom email signature added to the template when they use it.
To learn more about creating Templates, please check out this Knowledge article.
- Keep it simple and professional. Adding 3-4 lines of essential information is recommended to keep the signature looking clean and organized.
- Stay aligned with your company’s branding. Using your company’s brand colors creates consistency and are most effective.
- Ensure proper mobile display. Be sure the recipient is able to view the signature display on their mobile device by sending a preview to yourself.
Why should I create a custom email signature?
Creating an email signature makes electronic communication more personal. Having these personal touches help build trust with the recipient, as well as creates a stronger connection and provides credibility. It also allows the recipient to have quick and easy access to your contact information.
How can I be creative with my email signature?
Having the ability to get creative with your email signature allows your personality to show. You can use a variety of fonts, colors, and images to help you stand out.
What should I include in my email signature?
Your email signature should include your full name, job title, contact information, and social media links. You can also include:
- Call to action.
- Calendar booking link.
- A professional headshot.
- Your company’s motto or slogan.