We hear from managers all the time that their canvassers/door knockers set out in search of the perfect neighborhood and waste hours driving around and therefore miss out on great opportunities and more knocking time by skipping the so called “imperfect” areas.
The SPOTIO Territory Management tool will help you focus their effort in the areas you choose, so more time is spent in the field.
Here are some awesome how to guides we’ve published on territory management:
- Stop Guessing: The Truth About Territory Management
- What Flying, Seeing a Movie & Territory Management Have in Common
With SPOTIO's territory management tool you can draw out territories all over your target market making them as big or as small as you would like, spanning anywhere from entire zip codes, to just a few streets in a neighborhood.
From the Web App:
- Once you are on Map View, you will want to select the layers tab, the three stacked squares to the right of the funnel icon.
- Click on the plus '+' symbol to the right of Territories
- Select a color
- Name the territory
- Assign the territory to the appropriate rep- if you have a specific rep or reps you desire to be assigned to the territory, you can select them from the drop down list. If there's no reps, you can just leave the "assigned to" blank.
- Draw the territory - move to the map and start clicking around the area you want to create a territory for
- Hit Save