As an Account Admin, you can add or suspend users easily from SPOTIO’s web app. To complete the registration process for each user, you will need to provide their name, email address, and mobile number, as well as define their permission level and territory access.
How to Add Users
To add a new user:
- Login to the SPOTIO web app.
- Go to the Settings icon found at the bottom left corner of the page.
- Select the Users & Teams tab.
- Click the Add User button.
- Fill in all required information and set permissions.
- Hit Invite.
Tip: Access this page with a shortcut by clicking the plus icon above Home labeled Create and select User.
There are certain required fields that must be filled to invite a new user to SPOTIO.
- First and Last Name
- Email Address - This should be the email address they use for work communications.
- Mobile Phone - This should be to the mobile phone they will be using to access SPOTIO with. A 6-digit code will be sent to this number via SMS/Text to complete the setup process.
SPOTIO has 3 different roles you can choose from when adding a new user.
- Sales - Sales Reps are able to create new leads, change assigned leads, and see all leads within their assigned territory.
- Manager - Managers have full access to all leads and users within their assigned territory.
- Account Admin - Admins can change company settings, including billing.
You can read more about the different permission levels given to Sales and Managers roles in the User Permissions Overview article.
If your account already has Teams created, you are able to assign the added user to a team. Click to search and choose from your account's existing teams. Once selected, you will see that team listed as the assigned team(s).
When adding a new user, you can choose the territory access that person will have.
- Global - Access to all leads, regardless of their assigned user.
- Limited - Limited to the leads in their territory.
By default, all users are set to Global territory access. To assign a user to a territory, they must have Limited territory access (including managers). If selecting Limited, you will be required to choose a territory to assign. A single user can be assigned to multiple territories at once.
A field for External System ID is available if you have an existing CRM you are integrating with SPOTIO, you can enter a specific User ID here.
How You're Billed
SPOTIO has a license-based billing structure. New users are automatically assigned to available licenses on your account. However, if you are out of open licenses, a new license will be added to your account. All licenses added during an active billing cycle will receive a pro-rated charge for this user for the remainder of your billing cycle. Find more on SPOTIO's billing in this KB article - SPOTIO Billing: Managing Your Invoice.
Pro Tip: Good user hygiene is important when managing your SPOTIO account. Before adding and inviting new users, be sure there are not inactive users needing to be suspended. This will free up the license to then reassign to an incoming user.
I am receiving an error preventing me from adding a user. Why?
That user may have their phone number and/or email affiliated with another active SPOTIO account. Please reach out to our support team via chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the rep's name, email address, and phone number to assist.