My Reports allows admins, managers, and sales reps to generate custom reporting to gain visibility into the KPIs and metrics that matter most to them.
- Makes reporting easier by simplifying reports to only show metrics that matter to the users.
- Saves you time by being able to save custom reports so you don’t have to re-apply the same filters/customizations each time you run the report.
- Gives real time report visibility from virtually anywhere by allowing you and your team to run the same reports on both the web and the mobile
View and measure your KPI’s as you want to see them. Construct and store the reports that you want available at the tap of a button & share those reports with your team - both on the web & mobile!
Access activities & results by any audience group - team, territory, even by Manager - to display daily, weekly and monthly results front and center for your team.
- Take advantage of the custom title ability to use your company’s terminology
- Create a Weekly Snapshot report of your teams leading success indicators that your Managers can use for coaching
- Ensure permissions are set correctly to provide visibility into the reports you create
- Ensure Teams & Territories are up to date with the correct rep & manager assignments
How To Create a Report:
To create a report, start by opening SPOTIO on the Web in your preferred browser. Note that you will need to have the appropriate permissions to be able to create reports. Use your left side menu to select Dashboard which will open up the reporting section.
At the top left of the reporting section you will see a new area called My Reports. Under the My Reports section is where all custom reports are created, managed & stored for ongoing use. To create a new report, click the grey New Report button located under the My Reports section.
Once you have selected New Report, this will open up our report creation tool. To begin creating your new report you will first need to give your report a title & description (if you choose).
Step 1: Set your Date Range
Use the Date Range dropdown to select the default time period that will be used to generate this report. The Date Range selection will be used to pull the desired information for that specific timeframe when the report is opened. Additionally, the data pulled for the report will be based on the Lead Updated Date for your selected timeframe.
For example, if you select ‘This Week’ as the Date Range the report would always show your selected information for the current week (Sunday-Saturday) for leads updated during this timeframe.
You can edit the default date range as needed even once a report has been created.
Step 2: Select your Category
The category section allows you to select the group that you would like your report organized by. You can only select one category to report on.
Below are the category options:
- Sales Reps: the users with Sales Rep selected as their user status.
- Managers: the users with Managers selected as their user status.
- Teams: The groupings of end users that have been organized in your Teams section.
- Territories: The groupings of end users that have been assigned to a created Territory.
Once you have selected your desired category, drag the box into the corresponding green column on the left side of the table builder.
From there, you are able to click into this field and drill down into a more specific audience. If you want to select a specific audience, use the search or select those that you want on this report. To apply your selections, select the Apply button.
To remove the category that you have selected, use the Remove button at the top right of the category details section.
Want to customize the name of the category you selected? Sure thing! Just click into the Title box & add your custom terminology.
Step 3: Select your Metrics
Next up, select the metrics that you would like to report on. You can select multiple metrics to organize them on one report view. Start by selecting your first metric and drag the box into the corresponding purple row at the top of the table builder. From here, you are able to dive into the specific details of that metric & select what you would like the report to show.
Pro Tip: use the Title field to customize the name of the metric you selected. This will help provide more clarity to the information shown in the column.
Type of Metrics:
- Activities: all standard activities available in SPOTIO including calls, texts, emails & appointments. You will be able to specify All activities, Scheduled activities or Completed activities.
- Stages: all active pipeline stages will be available. You can select All Stages or drill into a specific stage.
- Visits: all visits results will be available. You can select All or drill into a specific Visit Result.
You can select more than one metric of any type and add as many columns as you need to your custom report.
At the bottom of the metric details section you will find two additional checkboxes that provide additional organization options for that metric. Show break down columns will provide a unique column each metric option selected. Show totals will add a total column for the metric selected.
At any time throughout the report creation process you can use the Preview button in the middle of the table builder to see how your report will display.
Step 4: Add In Calculations
Calculations are an added benefit of custom reports - and are totally optional! The calculation column will give you the opportunity to take the metric columns on your report & run basic calculations.
Pro Tip: use the Title field to customize the name of the calculation you created. This will help provide more clarity to the information shown in the column.
You have the ability to create multiple calculations within the same report to make all your KPI’s available in one view.
Step 5: Save Your Report
Time to save your hard work! It is best practice to use the Preview button to view your work before saving - but don’t worry you can always edit. Select the Save button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Once you have hit save, your completed report will appear! In the top right corner of the report you will see the option to Export or Edit your new report. Your report will now be visible under the My Reports section in your left side Reporting Menu.
How do I share this report with my team?
Just uncheck private checkbox - public reports are visible to everyone
How to Subscribe to a Report:
You see all reports that others have not marked as Private plus any reports that you create.
Who will these reports be visible for?
Public are visible for all users in the company. Private ones are just for you.
Where will reports be visible?
In the Dashboard section of the web app and also in the My Reports section of the Performance screen in the mobile app.
How does visibility work between Teams & Territories?
Visibility and access to a report is determined by the report creator and whether they have checked the "Private" checkbox. Territories or Teams mode determines what data you will see on the report but it’s not related to the reports that you have access to.