Digital Business Cards is a tool that gives reps the ability to electronically share their business contact information with prospects and customers in real-time.
This virtual business card is an easy way for reps to quickly share their most up-to-date contact information seamlessly with customers. While DBCs are set up through the Spotio app, they can be shared externally and conveniently through a text message, an email message, or a scannable QR code.
What’s Covered in this Article:
- Feature highlights
- How Digital Business Cards will benefit your business today
- How to set up and share your card
- Best practices
- Digital Business Cards allows sales reps, managers, and account admins the ability to share a virtual business card with customers directly from the Spotio mobile app
- Card is customizable and includes the ability to input a phone number, email address, and picture.
- Card can be shared via text, email, and QR code
- Card is shared in URL form and can be displayed as an anchor text in SMS or email, or opened in a mobile browser on your phone
- Card contact information works seamlessly with Spotio’s MCC feature
Once created, reps can make their Cards shareable internally-- giving your team members the ability to share your card (or cards that you’ve created) out to custom
How Will DBCs Benefit My Business Today?
Customer relationship management is continually evolving through the enhancements and reliances on technology. While business cards have long been an integral tool for fostering business interactions, the process of physically sharing a piece of paper has lost its value of convenience in today’s digital world.
More companies are turning to digital solutions, like Spotio’s Digital Business Cards, to keep up with these new, now-preferred methods of communications between businesses and customers. This cost-efficient solution allows you the opportunity to save money on updating and printing cards without compromising your efforts to stay at the forefront of customer communications. Save money on the physical card investment → close more deals by giving your customers an easier way to keep in touch with you.
Spotio’s Digital Business Card makes networking and connecting with customers faster and easier, giving your team more time to get more leads, foster prospective customer relationships, and drive more sales for your business.
Key Benefits of Digital Business Cards:
- Digital communication
- Contact-free exchange
- Ability to share your contact information anytime and anywhere
- Cost-effective solution
How to Set Up and Share a Digital Business Card
Digital Business Cards can be created and customized through the “Settings” section of the Spotio mobile app. You can access this by clicking the Profile Picture icon at the top left of the mobile app. Once on this page, you will see “Digital Business Cards” in the navigation.
Additional cards can be created to share contact information for other contacts/departments in your business. Need to share the contact information for your Billing Department, or your Customer Service department? Great opportunity to create a Digital Business card for both, so that your customers can easily have access to these important departments!
Upon rep creation, reps will have a default digital business card automatically set up in their Spotio account. It will include:
- First + Last Name
- Company Name
- Integrated Email Address
- SPOTIO Generated Phone Number (if assigned)
- SPOTIO Profile Picture (if picture is added)
- Step 1: Log into the Spotio mobile app
- Step 2: Click the Settings icon at the top left of the mobile app; tap into the section titled “Business Cards”
- Step 3: Once in the Business Cards page, click the “+” sign at the top right of the screen. This will take you to the “New Card” page
- Step 4: Fill out as many fields as you’d like: First name, Last name, Phone, Email, Title, Headline. You can also click the pencil icon next to the “Add Image” graphic to add an image to your card. (Please note: You must fill out, at a minimum, a phone number or an email address in order to save your card)
- Step 5: Click “Save” at the bottom of the screen. Your new Digital Business Card will now be available in the “Business Cards” section
Reps have the ability to make their personal digital business card shareable for other reps in the Spotio account. This can be most helpful for setter-closer models, where certain reps book appointments for other reps in the company. Perfect opportunity to send the closer’s business card while the appointment is being set up!
Sharing Cards (Internally)
- Step 1: Open up your Digital Business Card on the Spotio mobile app
- Step 2: Click the three dots at the top right of the page to edit your Digital Business Card
- Step 3: Select “Share with Teammate”
- Step 4: Select the rep(s) who you would like to have sharing access to your card
- Step 5: Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page
Manually Sharing Your Digital Business Card with a Customer/Lead
Reps are able to share their Digital Business Card in a few ways:
Upon adding a new Lead or revisiting an existing Lead
- Step 1: Tap on the home or business boundary in the map to initiate creating a lead
- Step 2: Input any gathered customer information in the Log Visit page. If you are wanting to send your Digital Business Card to the customer via text or email, then please ensure that you have the lead’s cell phone number or email address added. Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen
- Step 3: Once your new lead and recent visit result have been saved, tap the new lead pin to access the Lead Details page
- Step 4a: A message will pop up at the bottom of the screen acknowledging your newly created lead: It will ask if you’d like to “Share your Business Card”. Click this link.
- Step 5: Your default Digital Business Card will appear on the mobile app screen. To change which card you want to send, you can click the arrow next to the card name.
- Step 6: While still on the Digital Business Card page, select how you would like to send the card to the lead by checking “phone” and/or “email address”, or toggling over to the QR code section, where your customer can use the camera on their phone to scan the code. Feel free to add a personalized message while on this page
- Step 4b: Alternatively, you can also access the “Share Business Card” page from the Lead Details page by clicking on the “business card graphic” next to the customer’s phone number and email address.
Sharing to multiple contacts at the same Lead address
- Step 1: Tap on the lead from the map to access the Lead Details Page
- Step 2: If you have multiple contacts added to a lead, they will be identified in numerical order. If the contact has a phone or email address present, then the “business card graphic” will appear next to each.
- Step 3: Click the graphic next to the first contact that you’d like to send your Card to; select the sharing format (text, email, QR code), click “Share “
- Step 4: Click the graphic next to the next contact that you'd like to send your card to; select the sharing format (text, email, QR code), click “Share”
Sharing with a customer directly from your Digital Business Card page in your mobile app
- Step 1: Open up your Settings section by clicking on the icon at the top left of your mobile app
- Step 2: Click on “Business Cards” to access all of your Digital Business Cards
- Step 3: Click into the Business Card that you would like to share
- Step 4: Once at your Digital Business Card page, click the “Share” button at the bottom of the screen
- Step 5: Once at the “Share Business Card” page, click the arrow at the Lead section to select the lead who will be receiving your business card. Their information will automatically fill in once their name is selected
- Step 6: Select how you would like to send the card to the lead by checking “phone” and/or “email address”, or toggling over to the QR code section, where your customer can use the camera on their phone to scan the code. Feel free to add a personalized message while on this page
Sharing a team member's Digital Business Card
- Step 1: The Digital Business Card will first need to be shared with you by its owner
- Step 2: Once the Digital Business Card has been shared with you, it will appear in your list of Digital Business Cards
- Step 3: Using any of the previous sharing steps, you can then share this business card with any external contact/lead
Adding your Digital Business card to a Template
Templates are a great way to manage common text & email communications with customers so that reps are always using the most effective outreach verbiage. Now you can add Digital Business Cards to both text or email templates. See steps on how add in Digital Business Cards below & learn more about how to set up templates here.
- Step 1: Using the Spotio web app, click into the Templates feature on the left side of the app
- Step 2: Select “Create New Template” (either email or text)
- Step 3: In the body of the email/text, you can insert the Digital Business Card URL into the template by clicking the “Insert Variable” button on the right side of the template widget and selecting “business_card”
- Step 4: To make your template visible to all reps in the app, select the box next to “Active”
- Step 5: Click the yellow button titled “Save Template” to save your template with your Digital Business Card URL!
Send your Digital Business Card through an Autoplay
Automate your networking process by adding a link to your Digital Business Card to an Autoplay! When combined, these two features strengthen your followup communication with prospects and customers by ensuring that your leads are automatically receiving your Business Card after an interaction.
Consider a scenario where you’ve knocked on a customer's door and they’re ready to set up an appointment with your company! Enroll them into an Appointment Setup Autoplay that automatically and immediately sends out your Digital Business card to the lead via text and email, while also setting you up for all the following steps (tasks and communications) that set you up for a successful future appointment. Find steps to add your Digital Business Card to an Autoplay and to learn more about how to set up an Autoplay here.
Adding your Digital Business Card to an Autoplay
- Step 1: You’ll first want to create a template that includes a link to your Digital Business Card
- Step 2: Follow through the Autoplay setup process, using your DBC Text Template or Digital Business Card Email Template in the steps. When choosing an auto-email or auto-text step, your Digital Business Card template will be sent to the Lead automatically once they are enrolled in this specific Autoplay
Best Practices for Using Digital Business Cards
Check out our best practices for putting Digital Business Cards to use! Below we are sharing some ways you can add Digital Business Cards to your day to day workflow with customers & see results.
Residential Selling (B2C)
For Spotio reps that are selling to residential customers (B2C), Digital Business Cards are a fast and convenient solution to sharing contact information directly with homeowners in real-time.
Whether it’s post-knock or while setting up an appointment, Sales Reps have the ability to digitally share their business card (or another team member’s business card) with the customer.
Enhance this sharing experience by including a personalized message when you share a Digital Business Card with a customer:
Knock and no-answer, but you’ve got the customer’s phone number or email? Perfect opportunity to send over your Digital Business Card letting them know you stopped by. Send your contact information straight to the source instead of leaving a flyer or physical card tucked away in their mailbox or front door. The Digital Business Card can’t be thrown away!
Commercial Selling (B2B)
For Spotio reps that are selling to other businesses (B2B), Digital Business Cards are a perfect way to share contact information with multiple contacts at that business or office!
Upon interacting with the business, reps can select which Lead Contacts to send their Digital Business Card to, all within the Lead Details page.
Reps are then able to track and manage any responses they get within the history of the lead inside of SPOTIO. This allows reps to see the full history of their interactions and outreach for a specific company.
Imagine being able to send a business card to a secretary or office manager which then leads to a meeting with a CEO/Decision Maker. SPOTIO gives reps the ability to track which roles within an organization are the most receptive to your Digital Business Card outreach.
Article is closed for comments.