Tired of bouncing back and forth between multiple apps and SPOTIO to find businesses to prospect? We have you covered! Our integration with Google Places allows admins, managers, and sales reps on our Business and Pro plans to quickly and easily identify establishments and create business Leads without leaving the SPOTIO app.
What is Google Places?
Google Places is a directory of business listings collected by Google, sort of like a phonebook. Google uses this information to display the most relevant local results to users looking for local businesses.
In SPOTIO, sales reps, managers and admins can use Google Places to search for establishments by keywords and add them to their pipeline.
- Allows you to build your pipeline from a single interface rather than navigating between multiple apps.
- Easily discover businesses in your target verticals and geographies.
- Quickly identify businesses near you and utilize downtime between appointments to create more opportunities to sell.
X = Included in SPOTIO Plan
Using Google Places on Mobile
Search For Places on Map
Step 1 - Toggle on the Places Layer (make sure you have the satellite map turned OFF).
Step 2 - Search the map for Places
Step 3 - Click on the Places icon on the map to drop a pin at this location and add it as a Lead.
Search for Places by Keyword
Step 1 - Click the Leads icon at the bottom of the screen to open the Map view
Step 2 - Click in the Search Bar near the bottom of the screen
Step 3 - Type in your search terms, we recommend searching by a business name or establishment type.
Step 4 - Swipe down from the top the list to view Places on map
Step 5 - Click on the Business Name on the List, or on the Places pin on the map to add the Place as a Lead
Using Google Places on Web
Step 1 - Locate the Search bar at the top of the screen
Step 2 - Type in your search terms
Step 3 - Click on the Places tab in the pop out window on the left side of the screen
Step 4 - Click on the Place from the list to show its location on the map
Step 5 - Click “Add Lead” on the popup to open the Lead info panel
Step 6 - Fill in any customer information and click “Add Lead” at the bottom of the Lead info panel to create a Lead in SPOTIO.
- You must add the Place as a Lead in SPOTIO in order to schedule/log activity on it, add it to a route, etc.
- Because this information is pulled from the Google API, the list of places you are able to view may not be exhaustive.
- In addition to searching by Company Name, you can search for a type of establishment (i.e. Restaurant, Bar, Gas Station, etc.), or by phone number. Searching by a city or zip code alone will often return the Places listing for that city or zip code, so we recommend always including additional keywords when using locations in your query.
- By default, if you do not include a city or zip code in your query, SPOTIO will pull information from Google Places in the viewable area of the map. For example, if you zoom in on Dallas and search for “Gas Station”, it will return results for gas stations in Dallas. Up to 20 results are displayed at one time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.