SPOTIO’s Multi-Channel Communication (MCC) tools allow Admins, Managers, and Sales Reps to send/receive calls, text and email messages within the SPOTIO app. With Hybrid MCC feature upgrade, SPOTIO users now have the ability to engage customers from both the Mobile and Web applications.
What is a Hybrid Sales Motion?
A "Hybrid Sales Motion" combines elements of Inside and Field sales to engage customers. Organizations with Hybrid sales motions typically incorporate multiple channels of digital communication with face to face communication.
How Will Hybrid MCC Benefit My Business Today?
- Helps sales reps save time by being able to send/receive calls, texts and emails without leaving SPOTIO
- Allows users to stay organized by displaying all of their digital and in person touch-points in one place
- Provides flexibility by allowing for digital communications to be sent and received on both web and mobile--you can work where you need to!
- Gives leadership visibility into messaging and results of digital outreach to standardize best practices and provide effective coaching
- Adapt the SPOTIO platform to your team's workflow, allowing you to manage all interactions with a customer in all channels they may occur from a single UI
- Calls, texts and emails on the Web
- Email and Text Templates
Before continuing in this article there are two critical steps that must already be completed to successfully utilize these features:
- In order to use Hybrid MCC, you need to set up a SPOTIO Phone Number for each Manager, Sales Rep or Admin that will be utilizing calling and texting. Note: If you are already on a Pro Plan, this is no additional cost & is included in your plan.
- You will also need to integrate your email with SPOTIO to access the email tab.
How to Set Up and Use Hybrid MCC
Setting up SPOTIO Numbers
Before being able to use Hybrid MCC, Admins will need to set up SPOTIO Phone Numbers for all users that need call/text capabilities. This is done from the SPOTIO web app:
- Step 1 - click the "Settings" gear at the bottom left of the screen
- Step 2 - Select "Teams and Users" at the top
- Step 3 - Select the "Users" tab
- Step 4 - Click on a user to access the pop out tab from the right and scroll down to "SPOTIO Number"
- Step 5 - Select a State and Area Code for the SPOTIO phone number
- Step 6 - Select the option to "Create a New SPOTIO Number"
This process needs to be done for each SPOTIO user that will be using Hybrid MCC for Call and Text.
To Confirm that a User has a SPOTIO Number created, you can open their user details in the User Settings tab & see if a SPOTIO Number is assigned:
Managing SPOTIO Phone Numbers
Once users have a SPOTIO Phone Number created for them in their user profile, an Admin is then able to manage those numbers within the “SPOTIO NUMBERS” section of settings.
In this section Admins are able to do the following with their SPOTIO numbers:
- Un-assign from Users - The unassigns the selected number from it’s current user in SPOTIO
- Assign SPOTIO Number - This assigns the selected number to a user you select within your account
- Remove from Provisioning - This removes the selected number from your account Note: This is a permanent action & cannot be reversed.
Setting up Email Integration
Before being able to use Hybrid MCC, each individual user within SPOTIO will need to link an existing email address. When doing this you will also have the option to link the calendar account associated with the same email.
This can be done on either the Web or the Mobile, but integrating on one will result in email/calendar being integrated on both Web/Mobile.
On the Web Application:
- Step 1 - Click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Step 2 - Select “Profile Settings”
- Step 3 - Select Integrations from the tabs on the left
- Step 4 - Check the boxes for Email and Calendar
- Step 5 - Click submit; you will be redirected to Nylas
- Step 6 - Enter your email address in the box provided and click “Sign in”
On the Mobile Application:
- Step 1 - Click on your profile icon in the top left corner of the screen to open your Settings
- Step 2 - Select “Calendar and Email Integration”
- Step 3 - Check the boxes for Email and Calendar
- Step 4 - Click submit; you will be redirected to Nylas
- Step 5 - Enter your email address in the box provided and click “Sign in”
Email and Text templates encourage repeatability and efficiency. Reworking messaging for every client or project wastes valuable time and money. Using templates helps increase productivity by reducing the time reps spend composing and personalizing emails and text messages and by helping Managers and Admins to standardize messaging and best practices without increasing the workload for their reps. When field reps don’t have to commit mindshare to personalizing digital outreach, they are more likely to use it consistently, increasing touch-points with clients without increasing the required effort.
Set Up Text and Email Templates
Templates must be created on the Web, however once they are marked as “Active” they are able to be used on either the Web or Mobile
- Step 1 - Click “Templates” from the navigation bar on the left side of the page
- Step 2 - Select the “Email” tab (or the “Text” tab to create a Text template)
- Step 3 - Click “Create New Email Template”
- Step 4 - Fill in Template Name, Email Subject, and Email Body
- Step 5 - Click the Checkbox next to “Active (Make visible to all - in a mobile app)”
- Step 6 - Click “Save Template”
Emailing on Web Application
Admins, managers and reps within SPOTIO will be able to send and receive emails from any lead in their account as long as it has an email address saved to it. Note: to Send or Receive emails from a lead in your SPOTIO account, you must have an email address saved for that lead.
Emails can be sent to leads:
- from within the Lead Details
- within the Comms section under “Emails”
- by using the Email icon on the top right bar
You can also use one of your email templates while sending an email by selecting the “Insert Template” button at the bottom of the email drafting tool.
Calling on Web Application
With Hybrid MCC, Admins, managers and reps can make and receive phone calls within the SPOTIO web app by:
- selecting the Phone Icon next to the contacts phone number on the Lead Details page
- selecting the Phone Icon next to the contact under “Calls” on the “Comms” page
- or by using the Phone Icon on the top bar and searching for the lead they wish to call
After a call is completed, users will have the option to save a Call Result and enter any notes from the call.
Both of these will then save under the history for that specific lead. If the number you are dialing is not saved to a lead in the system, you will be prompted to create a new lead before you can save a Call Result.
Texting on Web Application
Reps are able to text leads on Web by:
- selecting the text bubble Icon next to the contacts phone number on the Lead Details page
- selecting the text bubble Icon next to the contact under “Texts” on the “Comms” page
- or by using the text bubble Icon on the top bar and searching for the lead they wish to text
You can also send a text using a text template by selecting the templates Icon at the bottom right of the text message drafting screen. Any text messages that are sent/received will be logged under the lead history for the lead with the associated phone number.
Here are a few tips to help you & your team make the most of Hybrid MCC:
- Use templates to save time
- Book and CONFIRM appointments while on the call to increase show rates
- Leverage Autoplays from the field or desktop to maintain a consistent flow of outreach both for top of funnel lead generation and for follow up
- Check your template success rates and see what messaging is effective and what is not.
- Have your top reps or managers write templates for the rest of the team and standardize what’s already working well across the board
- Over Communicate when necessary, if you have a meeting on the books don’t be shy about sending an email and a text to confirm
Great Use Cases for Hybrid MCC
A field marketer canvasses a neighborhood and finds all the contacts that are interested in your product, then turns that information over to a call center. A call center distributes and calls those leads to book a presentation with a closer. The call center schedules the appointment and assigns the meeting to the closer. The closer goes and runs the meeting, all the while keeping all parties involved up to date on the history of the outreach and next steps for that potential client. This allows businesses to specialize the role of each employee, simplifying their workflow and increasing productivity across the board.
Virtual Prospecting + Face to Face Closing
Instead of knocking doors or doing cold drops, teams that do virtual prospecting will use Inside sales approaches to lead generation and development. The big difference is instead of the conversation starting with a knock, it starts with a cold call, text, email, or other web-based marketing. Reps will book in person appointments from the office. Once they go to the appointment, they can log their results and notes in SPOTIO without skipping a beat!